RESOURCES St Lucia Wedding Requirements
St Lucia wedding requirements are relatively straightforward, and we will work with you from start to finish to make the entire process as simple as possible.
(All documents must be originals, or certified copies with raised seals)
• Passports (remaining time of validation min of 6 months)
• Birth Certificates
• Decree Absolute (if any of the parties is divorced)
• Death Certificate (for the former spouse, in the case of widow/widower)
• Previous marriage certificate (if widowed)
• Deed Poll Certificate (if name has been changed)
• Parental Consent (if under 18) by way of Affidavit from a Notary Royal
• Adoption certificate if applicable
Please note that all documents must be in English. If they are not, an authenticated translation must be provided along with the original.
If you have to obtain copies of any of the documents required please ensure they are certified copies that have a raised seal authenticating them.
Also, we suggest that you bring an additional photo ID, in case you would like to go duty free shopping while the AG’s office has your passports.
If you have any questions about the documents required, or any other question related to St Lucia wedding requirements, please contact us.
We ask you to fax (or scan and email) us photocopies of the documents that apply to you to 1 758 450 8033. This will enable us to make sure everything is in order and to start the legal paperwork before you arrive on the island. You will still have to bring the original documents with you.
You do not need to have your documents sorted to book your wedding.
Processing The Legal Paperwork
The Attorney General’s office takes two full working days to process your legal documentation and we can collect your marriage license on the third working day after our meeting. Our meeting day counts as one day as long as we meet and you sign the papers:
• before noon if we meet you in the north of the island
• by 8am latest if we are meeting you in a Southern hotel
The legal process can be expedited so that we can have your paperwork processed in less time than stated above. There is an extra fee of US$185 if we need to use that option.
- "After our initial visit, I knew Saint Lucia was the perfect place to have our wedding and I knew that there was NO ONE ELSE in the world I wanted to be in charge of planning our wedding!"Danielle & Chris, May 2013